Monday 12 July 2010

| No Comments | No TrackBacks

Awake: 6:43am    Temp 64    sleep 6+30    overcast    overnight @ Nicktown.

After our KK meeting, Kathy & I exercised for about ½ of our normal time; Debbie came in a little later & exercised with us until our specified time was up.

My goal today was to get our grass mowing done before the rain moved in. I even skipped brunch & got right into the mowing. During my mowing time, Kathy did another load of laundry. Then she volunteered to do some of the mowing while I pulled some tall weeds out of our circular drive.

I started @ 11:00am....then Kathy had to leave @ 12:50pm. Dark clouds were everywhere & then some precipitation began to fall; I was using Chuck's wheelbarrow & figured I might as well return that before it got too wet. I pushed my luck & continued mowing a little more & slowly, ever so slowly, the clouds began to break up & go their separate way.

By golly, I was able to finish the rest of the mowing by 1:30pm. It rained very little here in Nicktown, but we've heard later that Ebensburg got quite a downpour.

Then I ate my late brunch. Shortly after finishing, our doorbell rang. It was Chuck & Jim. Jim told me the Grizzly had a problem once more...& asked if I could help. "We think the carburetor is messed up again because it's dumping fuel & now the starter solenoid is locked as well, he said." "Oh my gosh, I'll get some tools & be over in a few minutes" I told them.

Walking across the lawn I was reminded that this carburetor has been opened up (3) times that I know of; twice I found contamination & the other time was when I left a few parts out. Plus, this carburetor had signs of being operated on before me. I think what this machine desperately needs is A FUEL FILTER.

It takes a good (30) min to remove parts to get into the carburetor, & like clockwork, when I opened that carb, right inside a passageway was a piece of contamination blocking the fuel there were signs of contamination in other areas.

So, using Q-tips, wire & needles to check those small passages, that carb was finished in about (45) min. We checked the starter solenoid with the Fluke meter & sure enough, it was shot!

So, Chuck & Jim agreed wholeheartedly to buy a fuel filter & a new starter solenoid tomorrow. My job on the Grizzly today was done. We will continue on this project until the Grizzly is a healthy bear.

Chuck said he would mow the alley way for us tomorrow....since I've been helping him on the Quad-runner.

Dinner: Stuffed peppers, leftover beans, leftover fruit salad, fresh cantaloupe, Bing cherries & a peach.

Lights out: 12:01am.  


No TrackBacks

TrackBack URL:

Leave a comment


Monthly Archives

About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by George Monte Kirsch published on July 15, 2010 9:11 PM.

Sunday 11 July 2010 was the previous entry in this blog.

Tuesday 13 July 2010 is the next entry in this blog.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.